Pastoral Council Minutes, April 19th, 2022
Present: Elizabeth Amsberry, Nathan Heitz, Elaine Lawler, Phil Paladino, Father Doug Wathier, Wayne Green. Zoom: Joe Barber. Not Present: Kris Dunkin
Finance Council – April 19, 2022
Present: Steve Phyfe, Scott Danner, Becky David, Becky Willson, Joe Barber, Fr Doug Wathier. Also present: Deacon Phil Paladino, Dixie Jacobs.
Monthly Financials: Offertory is still strong; about $8,000 above budget. It is projected the year (net balance) will end about $40,000 due to strong offertory, payroll under budget due to staff vacancy, and the 2nd payroll protection program (PPP) of $54,000. The nave furnace controller was evaluated and was not the issue. The part was replaced was about $1600 installed, which is savings from a $6,000 controller. No other extraordinary expenses are noted. Scott made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; Becky W seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Bequest Update: Family requested and was granted a Super H tractor that was a family item and some boxes of family items. The members also would like a timeline for the liquidation of the estate.
Phase 2 Building Update: Townhall meetings are being scheduled, and the architect will be present at them to answer questions and present preliminary drawings. The Archdiocesan Building Commission has received our drawings but have not scheduled a meeting yet.
Budget 2022/23: The members reviewed a draft budget. Loose offering is significantly below this year’s budget, but last weekend we began passing the offertory basket again. This will help the loose offering, and the council decided to leave the loose budget the same for next year. The draft budget includes a 3% increase from this year’s actual utility expense. Also, $15,800 in building and grounds projects including 2 furnaces in the office/hall area, crack filling, nave furnace filters and week control. This fiscal year, we will have $39,500 of the PPP remaining. The council will use this savings to offset 2022/23 budget deficit.
Motion: Scott made a motion to include a 4% salary increase and the draft budget as presented, and the deficit offset with a savings withdrawal. Becky W seconded the motion; the motion passed unanimously.
Mar 15 Meeting: Estate update, Phase 2 update, monthly finances, and member terms.
Peace and Justice Meeting Minutes, April 11, 2022 @ 7:00 p.m.
Present: Lindsey Kuhlmann, Phil Paladino, Wayne Green, Becky David
Opening Prayer at 7:04 pm by Phil
○ Money raised to date is April 9th $7914.00 raised towards our $8,526.00 target
○ We still have planned for a tithe of $1000.
4. Ideas for possible education programs sponsored by the P&J committee
● Want to Talk? Communication Tools for Divided Times - JustFaith Ministries
● Speakers, documentaries
● Presentation at “Holy Spirits”
● All agree our meeting minutes should be posted on our link on the parish website. Becky will ask Dixie to post the minutes to the website.
● We agreed to list the organizations we usually support with a mission statement or brief description and a link to the organization’s website. Becky updated the spreadsheet with most of the websites and uploaded it to Google drive. Wayne will copy the info we want to make available in a format to have added to the parish website.
Local: deferred to next meeting
State/National: deferred to next meeting
International: Mary’s Meals $1000
Next meeting is May 9, 2022 @ 7:00 p.m. Closing prayer @ 7:45 by Wayne. Minutes prepared by Becky David